Welcome!

free family website glitter textured text
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'd like to thank all of those who have supported my efforts in making this website. If you want to truly support me, then please follow my blog. Let me know you were here:D I make it a point to respond to all messages asap! Thanks again for your continuing support:)

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Making Time For Self Development

I truly understand how we can get caught up in our work life. Sometimes that's all a person will talk about, because they get so much out of their professional environment. I am one of those people as well. I'm always learning something helpful in my life from work situations, and from colleagues. To be honest, my work environment is a very positive and uplifting one...and I'm grateful for that! I know it could be a lot worse, that's for sure!

Still, I also want to stress the importance of self-development outside of the work place. You can get caught up in your job, because you love it, and base your identity on the ability to make a living. Or, maybe you're trying to get a promotion (like me), and you become consumed by that one goal. There's nothing wrong with having professional goals. In fact, it's necessary to have them in order to get anywhere in your life. But it's also important to develop those parts of yourself that maybe you've put on the back burner, because you think you don't have time any more. You always have time to better your spirit!

Maybe you want to take up a hobby, like fishing, or knitting! Whatever it is, you have time, trust me! For example, I have plenty of time on my hands, even though I work full time. I have time to be on Blogger, writing my blog! I sure do! And I blog because it is fun, not just because it's a professional blog! If that was the only reason for me to do it, I would quit! But the truth is that I LOVE writing. It feeds my spirit:) Essentially, I'm killing two birds with one stone. Getting my professional persona out there for the world to see, and doing something I adore, that makes me happier. See where I'm going with this?

Whatever it is that makes you a happier person, or that can help you to better yourself, you can make the time for it if it's important enough to you. For example, I have an hour lunch. I know, I'm spoiled:) What do I do during my lunch? First, I take my time getting to the break room, because I'm a shopper, and I love to look at our new merchandise. Don't always buy, but sometimes I do! Then, I get up to the lunch room, and eat. By that time, I have about 15 to 20 minutes left, and I read! I'm always carrying a book around with me, because I'm on a constant quest for knowledge. And I'm not able to go on extensive trips right now, so I've found that reading is an escape for me. It often can take you to another place, and give you insight into another person's imagination. What could be better that that?!

I've finished many books just by reading for those 20 minutes a day! The truth is, that is one of my monthly goals....to finish a new book or two by the end of each month! It's amazing what you can accomplish in small increments of time spread out through a month, or even a year! If you're looking to learn something new, now is the time! If you're looking to get in better shape, now's the time! Trust me, if it's important enough to you, you will find the time to do it, and become more fulfilled as a result.

No comments: