Welcome!

free family website glitter textured text
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'd like to thank all of those who have supported my efforts in making this website. If you want to truly support me, then please follow my blog. Let me know you were here:D I make it a point to respond to all messages asap! Thanks again for your continuing support:)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Fourth of July, Everyone!


Well, it's that time again...it's the Fourth of July! I hope everyone is enjoying these hot summer days, and I hope you'll get a chance to relax and enjoy our country's day of independence. I wanted to take the time to write about what this day means to me, and how I've spent past Independence Days.

To me, the Fourth is all about remembering the establishment of our country, and the hopes and dreams our forefathers had when they founded our government. It is about us becoming an independent nation, and one full of possibilities for its people. It's also a celebration of the beauty of our land, which to me is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The land in America is so diverse, so full of cultures brought together from all different nations to become one.

Our country's ideals have evolved as well, but are still based on the same principals. Our people have evolved as well, and our ideas on certain issues have greatly improved. We have become much more integrated, and we are making great strides at becoming fully integrated. There are some towns and counties that aren't, but most are, and that is great progress.

We have yet to find our ways out of this great recession, but the hardships that we've faced have not broken our spirits. If anything, I think we are stronger for it. A lot of us have realized how great we really are at being resilient, and making the most out of our circumstances. We've learned to live better during this difficult time, and how  to be resourceful. I believe Americans are among the most resourceful people on earth. We are true  survivors. I'm proud of my people, and I'm happy to see so many different types of Americans co-existing  with true respect  and appreciation for the differences in each person.

In the past, i.e., while I was growing up, we would always go to a lake, make a lot of food, and visit for the whole day. That was when I was a kid. Life has changed now, and I find that for the last few years, I've worked on the Fourth of July. I fondly remember those days of cooking outside, and swimming in the lake. To be honest, though, the Fourth has more meaning for me now as an adult. I fully understand the meaning of our national holiday now, and it makes me think of all of the people who sacrificed so much so we could have our beautiful homeland.


Thanks for stopping by...CC

No comments: