Welcome!

free family website glitter textured text
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'd like to thank all of those who have supported my efforts in making this website. If you want to truly support me, then please follow my blog. Let me know you were here:D I make it a point to respond to all messages asap! Thanks again for your continuing support:)

Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's not about quantity

One of the most important questions in any sales career...exactly what kind of clients are you hoping to attract? I've learned through experience that not all customers are equal. They should all be treated with respect, but when it comes down to making money, you know what you need to do. So why is it that so few salespeople understand this? They don't want to be unkind. They want to be liked. Okay, maybe they should realize that the whole idea of being liked by everyone is over-rated. You can't make every client like you, and why would you want to attract clients who are one item buyers in the first place? Why would you add a customer to your C@D who is known for shopping cheap, and makes you do the most work? They make you crazy with their demands, while you see your colleague get that customer you really wanted to help. I think the one question you should be asking yourself is, "is this really fair to me?"

Again, you know the answer. No, it's not fair to you. It's downright detrimental to your success! You think the customer will be offended. You think they will try to get you fired. And so on....Hey! You should wake up, man! Nobody is going to hand you a trophy for getting the most customers who shop during a sale! Those are not your real money makers, and you know it! So why is it that you forget to add that client who's a doctor to your C@D, who adores you, and always comes back only when you are there? See the point I'm trying to make? It's just plain silly to send emails to your clients that a sale is coming, when you know there are going to  be multiple ads everywhere! So why do it? Focus on those clients who would come in on ANY day you ask them, simply because they have the money, and want to shop with only YOU....

No comments: