Welcome!

free family website glitter textured text
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'd like to thank all of those who have supported my efforts in making this website. If you want to truly support me, then please follow my blog. Let me know you were here:D I make it a point to respond to all messages asap! Thanks again for your continuing support:)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The not so dreaded CRM...


We use it, too

Inside sales has changed. Even in the last couple of years, it's become a lot more sophisticated. We're using a lot of the same tools and systems as outside sales people. Tools such as the CRM, for instance.

It's not a phone book

Do you know any of the people in your local white pages? Probably very few of them, if any. Why? Because they're not a part of your life. Their names might seem familiar, but there are too many of them to tell one from the other. This is exactly what you don't want with CRM. These are not just names in a phone book. They're your clients. They're part of your community. They matter to you. The worst thing you can do is treat your CRM as a list of names of people you don't really know or care about. Take time to get to know these people. They are in your CRM for a reason. You made them your clients, and they've worked with you for a reason. You've already established a relationship. Make it count!

Ten customers a day

The goal should be to call or send thank you cards to at least ten customers a day. And not just to call them. To really interact with them. To establish a great relationship as a foundation for future business.

Leave it open

My CRM is open throughout the day. I like to toggle back and forth between computer screens, and check several simultaneously. It's easy when you get used to it. Anybody can do it. It just takes practice, and a mindset of making it a priority.

The best time to use it

I've found the best time to take advantage of CRM, and what it has to offer is the very first hour of the work day. You're fresh, and you're just getting started. Do it then. It's the best thing to start off the day, because later it might get hectic. It's great to do at least five thank you notes, along with at least five calls first thing. And work on your customer list for the next day at the same time.

Take notes

This one is huge! I'm a stickler for taking notes. I'm constantly taking notes about each client in my CRM to remember their preferences, and to understand their life style. Yes, I use it every day, all day. And it's worked for me, because there's only so much I can remember on my own. I use it to study my customers, and it really helps when I'm ready to call them so I'll know exactly what to say to them.

During my interactions with a client, I am going back to CRM and taking notes on what they say to me. You'd be amazed how much all of those notes will come in handy when you call a client. Invaluable. It's like an essay about that particular person. They'll be amazed at how well you remember things! This is a major part of CRM that doesn't get enough attention. Note taking in CRM is extremely valuable. Take advantage of it.

Take it for what it's worth

No, CRM isn't going to be your major money maker. It should be used to help exceed expectations. Meeting your sales goals should be done outside of CRM. That's not what it's for. It's for going over expectations that have already been met. You want to be good at what you do, and you probably are. But if you want to be an amazing sales person, you have to use it every day. Even if you don't like it, you still have to learn to like it.

Using the tool

The more you use it, the more it grows on you. And you get used to using it. That's the key to making it work.   It becomes more and more valuable to you the more you store information in it. Then you realize how important it really is. Your CRM is there to help you through every step of the sales cycle, if you'd only use it.

Thanks for stopping by...CC



No comments: