Welcome!

free family website glitter textured text
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'd like to thank all of those who have supported my efforts in making this website. If you want to truly support me, then please follow my blog. Let me know you were here:D I make it a point to respond to all messages asap! Thanks again for your continuing support:)

Thursday, May 17, 2012

B2C marketing and appointments...



Getting the first appointment

The first appointment is the most crucial. It's a compliment to you if your customer says yes to you scheduling an appointment with them. Think about it this way. If someone asked you to schedule an appointment with them so they could sell you some stuff, would you really want to schedule an "appointment" to do that? I know I sure wouldn't. So if that client says yes, they are really doing you a favor. Make sure you show your appreciation in every way you can.


The art of appointment making

Rule #1: Make sure it's a good appointment. Make sure you are prepared. Over deliver on expectations, because if it turns out to be a bad appointment, i.e., you wasted your client's time, they will never schedule another appointment with you again. They may not say that outright, but they don't need to. I am telling you for them. Great appointments get more referrals, and repeat business. But make sure they're great. With appointments, it's all or nothing. Either you make them amazing, or don't do them at all.


Remind them twice

If you have already talked to your client, and scheduled an appointment with them, you need to make sure to send them a reminder. People forget. They have a lot going on, so you need to send it to them in writing. An official reminder card with the date and time, along with a personalized note to let them know you're looking forward to seeing them. But that's not enough. You need to call to remind them again. That way they are held accountable for showing up, and you are accountable for keeping the appointment with them.



Fitting them into the mix

I've found that my busy schedule can only handle up to two high quality appointments a day. And I mean amazing customer service appointments. I don't want to give mediocre service, and I want to make sure I really pay attention to my guests. Two is the max with all the other stuff I am doing at the same time. If you're doing inside sales, you already have a lot going on.

Take time to think ahead about how busy you could possibly be, and realize that your appointment is expecting your undivided attention. I allow up to two hours for a service appointment. Some of them take even longer. One quality appointment is way better than three that were just okay. It's worth it, though, when you think ahead. If you have it planned out before that client even walks in, you've already set yourself up for a successful appointment. And remember, if that appointment is great, you're almost guaranteed more referrals...the main point of doing appointments in the first place.


Thanks for stopping by...CC




No comments: