Welcome!

free family website glitter textured text
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'd like to thank all of those who have supported my efforts in making this website. If you want to truly support me, then please follow my blog. Let me know you were here:D I make it a point to respond to all messages asap! Thanks again for your continuing support:)

Monday, January 10, 2011

A winning attitude

I'm very excited to say that I'll be winning another award for top sales....and this time, I wasn't expecting it. I've managed to get through a pretty difficult year, which has really challenged me professionally and personally. One thing I've learned, though, is that through it all, I've been true to my own philosophy of "do your best, and be the best at what you do." This can pertain to anything you decide to do in life. It may not be easy, and it probably won't be, but you'll never feel like you were trying to accomplish someone else's dreams for you.


I use the metaphor of life being like a race quite a bit. I've thought about how to be a silent threat, how to compete quietly, while gradually sneaking up on the competition. That's how I compete. I don't even know if I'll ever win, but I always compete the way I know how. Gradually, and by following daily guidelines. Consistency is the key to winning. And while that guy in the blue uniform may have been in the back at the start of the race, he eventually finished first. That's because he knew it wasn't just about how you start off. It's how you muscle through the rough times, while keeping that smile on! That's when you know you've made it! 


And there are times when it simply means more, because maybe there was a shadow of a doubt that you might not finish at all, and you found that you actually won! Whatever it is that you want to accomplish, you can achieve it. It may not happen exactly when or where you expect it to, but success can be achieved, and it must be achieved for us to feel a sense of accomplishment in our lives. This is the mainstay of the human experience....always striving to achieve. 



No comments: